Waiting for the IKEA Kitchen Sale?


Request my free eBook, How to Budget for an IKEA Kitchen Remodel
 
(I am neither recommending nor not recommending signing up for IKEA Family membership here. But I am pretty sure it's harmless and might have some real benefits attached to it).

I have heard from several recent clients that if you are an IKEA Family member, you can buy an IKEA kitchen up to 90 days BEFORE a sale starts and, when the sale does start, bring your receipt in and get refunded the discount you would have gotten if you had ordered during the sale.

If you use this tip, make sure to absolutely verify it before you order, in YOUR local IKEA. This might only be true for some areas, only in the US, only in Canada, etc. So VERIFY. Get it in writing from an authorized store representative. Save a copy of whatever written notice of this offer you may find or get.

I don't want to spread false data, or even a rumor, BUT this is too good not to tell you about. I think of all the design clients we have that wait for months, even when it would be more convenient not to wait, to save 20% (which is totally reasonable economically, because 20% of a kitchen purchase is a big chunk of dough, pardon the cooking metaphor).

Example: Sale starts March 1. You go into IKEA (with an elegant, optimal design plus complete order list, which my company has created for you....:))  on January 15. The cabinets plus counter top plus two appliances costs you $6000. Your contractor starts the project January 21 and it's done February 12. Bring the IKEA receipt back to the store March 2 and get refunded $1200.

Beautiful!

Here are other ways I am happy to help you:


Request my free eBook, How to Budget for an IKEA Kitchen Remodel