Your Old Kitchen

 (Request my free eBook, How to Budget for an IKEA Kitchen Remodel)

The other day my beloved older dog had an accident (several) on the carpet. I used every (natural) cleaner I could think of but the area, although under a large table, was nearly ruined. I decided to hire pro carpet cleaners.

The morning of the scheduled cleaning, I found myself straightening up and then cleaning various other spots on the carpet by hand throughout the house. I told myself this could help but that wasn't the real reason.

Yes, you guessed it. I didn't want the carpet guys to judge me for the spots on my carpet. I knew they would understand the recent dog spots. But the others?

I mention this silly incident because a lot of people send me photos of their current kitchens, so I can understand the project and offer guidance. Photos are also needed from our kitchen design clients. These help us understand and confirm measurements and other details.

Upon sending photos, people often say something like, "my gruesome old kitchen" or otherwise seem to be apologizing for their existing kitchens.

I just want to say, in this public forum, that I judge not. I actually admire anyone who confronts a situation and handles it and that's what these homeowners are doing.

My own kitchen is far from perfect. My cleaning habits tend to be a bit irregular. I am happy to see photos because they quickly help me understand a project and they are an easy way to communicate.

I just wanted to let people know that you can send me any photos of your kitchen and I am happy to have them, don't judge them at all. Finally, if people had perfect kitchens I'd have nothing to write about and no clients for my IKEA kitchen design business.

If you want to schedule a free consultation and send me photos, please do. I would be happy to talk with you.

Susan

FREE 30-minute IKEA kitchen planning consultation